Monday, September 4, 2017

Feathers from the Wreck



My Little eyes kept blinking , seemed  like a storm outside .
Slamming doors and windows , It  kept rapping all night .
Closing my eyes I  wanted to feel the storm I couldn’t see ,
The wreck inside me , needed this night  to be set  free .

So here I go floating in my mind for endless unforgiving hours ,
Juggling my fear of memories with my fear of forgetting all that was.
I remember the day I  set out on a  blue river  on  this starry night
My  young eyes twinkled more than the stars ,  my heart so sure of the path.

Now the stars still twinkle but seem more distant than before ,
And My eyes never regained the light or it was my choice to let it go 
The river keeps   flowing  although muddy , now with a changed course ,
My dinghy is buried in white dreary sand and  my heart is cold and lost .

Tic toc tic of the metronome don’t let me take a breath,
Rhythm is what  you must keep when your tune sucks at best.
Bodies carved out of bodies we drag on like soulless clones,
A spark though rare when it appears is happy to burn us down .

I opened my eyes and  its all silent , seems the storm has past .
Moon is peeping  in washed up air , designing the shadows it can cast.
In the  fresh breeze and under those clear skies , I took a deep long breath ,
Its time for another voyage my friends , with a storm in my heart to keep .






No comments: