Friday, May 4, 2012

FLIGHT OF A BROKEN FEATHER

Some times interesting things happen suddenly . For days I have been thinking of writing something , but could not get anything meaningful in mind . May be other things were too much of a distraction . But then suddenly , when I had a rather rough day and my mood was somber and those previously entertaining distractions seemed a bit vulgar for a dark mood ,  I started typing and then somehow words started acquiring meaning. That usually happens as  I have mentioned before numerous times.So here is the outcome . Also I am going back to home soon . As always I am sure I will have enough experiences in that one month to act as a fodder for further pieces like these . But for now this is the only one .

Color of the Shadow


Have you ever seen yourself , Like in a  Moonless night  ;
With stars twinkling around , too distant to guide u home.
I have seen the stars , and flirted with the twinkles ;
But I am too tired to carry on . 

                                


Have u seen yourself , like a tiny rain drop ;
Fallen from the sky , losing itself in muddy waters .
I have drifted in the sky , thought that’s my home ;
But the mud of life is too hard to fathom .

Have you seen your thoughts , like a broken feather ;
Which promised to fly , but wondered somewhere alone .
I have fancied the flight , in those broken dreams ;
But the devil of time , has swallowed them all .

Have you ever walked across , a sleepy silent river ;
Which drifts along slowly to somewhere far away  .
I too find myself , crawling tardily day and night  ;
It’s a journey without a path ,  or I have lost my way .

Have you ever seen a stone , shaped into an idol ;
Beaming with raw  pride , as people  pray and call .
As I see  the world , closing its eyes to worship;
Is it a soul in search of  god , or a man in search of soul.

Have you ever wondered , why the words of silence;
Makes so much noise in your own battered soul .
I have looked for words , that can break the spell of silence ;
But they all lose their meaning , like an empty wall .





















Have u ever seen the light , passing through a prism ;
How it breaks in colors as the beam pass across .
I have seen those colors , But they still make the  shadow ;
And the color of the shadow is the same that I know .
 
Have you ever find yourself looking out to the skies ;
Gazing at the heavens with a thoughtless mind .
My visions are now blurred , and thoughts don’t guide me anymore ;
Just waiting for the first ray of dawn to arrive.

No comments: