Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fear In Her Eyes


I heard no cries , not a word was said ; 
All around her were the graves of the dead . 
She was staring straight , into that gloomy sky ; 
All I can see was the fear in her eyes.

Fear kills the weak , we were told ; 
Those were the words , that bought my soul. 
But how to face fear when looking at those eyes ;
they once used to dance and shine so bright . 

We took it away all that she had ; 
A mother she loved , and a man she called dad . 
They were her life , and all she knew ; 
Now alone and lost , in the rubble of her world .

She stood up and started to leave ;
Still no tears , why she never weeps . 
the guns are silent , the smoke fills the sky ; 
the sounds of grief is the playlist for the night .

I trembled as I got closer and my legs went weak ; 
My heart still bleeds for the forgiveness I seek . 
They tell me to get moving and start a new life ; 
If only they could see , that fear in her eyes .


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful words..

some readers have no identity...stay them unrevealed.

Anonymous said...

* let them unrevealed.