Friday, October 21, 2011

When a Lazy Soul Yawns .....................





I thought I wont be writing anymore for sometime at least . But now looks like I have been infected by a virus where sometimes if something comes to my mind I just need to type it . And although they might just be some random thoughts of a lazy mind , well if it is written it has to be posted. Since it's for me , right , and no one else. So when a lazy soul yawns , the following pieces are the outcome.One is an attempted poetry and another is an attempted song. Here the key word is Attempted ..

A day in life :
No deep thoughts , no big emotions . No Depression , No Sadness . Just a plane simple account of a very normal day in life . Well Again , inspired by the epic Beatles song  ‘ A day in Life “ where Lennon /Mccartney wove magic in the lyrics. My poem tells  how a small little thing like a guitar pick can make or ruin your day.There is no moral of the story , And if there is , the reader have to use their own mind to find one . It’s the first time I tried my luck to some lighter stuff . Hope I am better than Miserable. 

There was a day : Attempted song .....nothing more to say , nothing more should be tried , Never should be sung , I know ..someone will die...

A Day In Life 




My day was as good , as it can get;
I was feeling happy and all was set.
I smiled my way into my car;
Thought I’ll go home and play some guitar.

Reached Home Fast at Half Past Four ;
Singing all the way , to the fourth Floor .
Jumped into the shower , started the jukebox;
The playlist of my throat can never get lost.


All dressed up and looking fine;
Some juice in the Glass of Guyana’s Lime.
I reached for my guitar , to start the show;
Strummed with the pick and said “ here we go “.

Played a few chords in Harrison Style ;
It was coming so well , I went the extra mile.
Pleased with myself at ten past Six;
I checked into the Face book , taking a break.

I met few friends , from long time back;
Read a new review for a service pack.
Had some nice chats ,and heard a new song;
It was “the day” , nothing can go wrong.

I picked my guitar for another start ;
If it’s going well then let’s not part.
For a few seconds I dreamt of Beatles fame;
But where is my pick , can’t find it Damn!!

Searched for it , all over my place;
Under the bed sheets  and over the case.
At fifteen past eight , I sank in the chair;
Can’t get the pick and it’s there nowhere.

Feeling so low , with nothing to do;
My mood grew dark , and it’s sad I knew.
The sense when you missed on something u want ;
It’s little tingling pain quite close to the heart.

Heard a loud  knock on my room’s door ;
 I Opened it with a fearsome roar.
Startled the little boy , dropped the cup ;
It was my evening tea , he had brought up.

 I was out of wits in not much time;
When I finished cleaning , it was half past nine.
As I sat tired , to take a breath;
The Power went off , I gave a yell of death.

Nothing can be right , on this wretched day;
Whatever I do , try as I may.
As I lay on bed , in dark with closed eyes;
Something sharp scratched my neck , like a pointed knife.

I reached for the thing in the dark;
Beneath the pillow cover , like an arc .
And it was there , my little guitar pick;
Can’t help but smile , on god’s little trick.
 
There Was A Day

There has been days , when I always knew
That it will rain ,it will be very soon
But I will be ,all alone again ,
As without  you, it’s never the same.

But as I say this ,my Love ,
Are you looking ,from above ,
I  have been thinking  all day ,
Why god has taken you away ,
How did I ever ,let you go
How can I be, happy anymore ..

there was a day , when I first saw you  ,
such a lovely smile  ,and before I knew
We were in love , forever I said ,
You just smiled And kissed, me instead.
  
But as I say this ,my Love ,
Are you looking from above ,
I  have been thinking  all day ,
Why god has taken you away ,
How did I ever let you go
can I be happy anymore ..

But there will be a day , when you and me ..
Will be together , and you will see,
All the love ,I have kept inside ,
Will still be there , when I die.

And as I say this my love ,
I know you are looking from above.
I know you are looking from above.


1 comment:

blitzerr said...

Well I cant help but post this beautiful comment i got from someone i really respect . I asked her for the opinion ..and that's what I got ..and well its very true ..

"The lyrics are horrible, but the sentiment seems true. Why not get more personal? Less heard before. Get more specific, less generic. Think of how you would say it, not how some popstar doouch would. Love lyrics should not have been used by someone else, they must be your own. Try to think of one original thought nobody has ever said about this girl, one thing that is only for her."